Tutu de Feijão
* 2.2 lb (1 kg.) of pinto beans (feijão carioca), well cooked
* 1 lb. (500g) chopped linguiça calabreza sausage
* 1/2 lb. (250 lb.) chopped bacon
* 1 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
* parsley, to taste
* Couve Refogada
(fried Collard greens- optional)
1) We start by frying the bacon in a pan and also in another pan start frying the pieces of the linguiça calabreza sausage.
2) Using a blender, blend the two thirds of the already cooked pinto beans, to liquefy.
3) Pour the liquefied beans with the remaining intact beans to a pot then heat them up. Mix in the cooked bacon and the already fried linguiça calabreza slices. Press in the garlic, season with black pepper to taste.
4) Mix well over the stove, add the finely chopped parsley. Time to now gradually add the cornmeal, please be sure to stir constantly and very slowly to avoid lumps.
Your Tutu is now ready to serve; traditionally this dish is served in individual (or one big) ramekins, with slices of hard boiled eggs on top then covered by a portion of couve refogada