Brazilian Style White Beans with Seafood
* 4 cups (1 liter) fish broth (fish broth 2 tablets dissolved in 1 liter of water)
* 1 lb. (500 g) white beans, already cooked
* 1/4 cup Dendê (Brazilian palm oil)
* 1 lb. (500 g) Bacon (optional)
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 red hot pepper, sliced
* 1 red bell pepper diced
* 1 red tomato, diced
* 3/4 cup (200 ml) coconut milk
* 2 lb. (1 kg) white flesh fish
* 1/2 lb. (250 g) octopus, boiled and cut into small pieces
* 1/2 lb. (250 g) squid, sliced into rings
* 1 lb. (500 g) shrimp, shelled and deveined
* 1/2 lb. (250 g) clams: cooked, shelled and cleaned
* Salt to taste
* Parsley and cilantro (coriander) to taste, chopped
1) Pour the 4 cups (1 liter) of fish broth in a pot (2 fish broth tablets dissolved in the water) and simmer the beans for 10 min.
2) In another pan with 1/4 cup dendê fry the bacon and the diced onion, and when the onion is translucent, add the minced garlic cloves, then the sliced red hot pepper, diced bell pepper and diced tomato - and cook during 5 minutes over medium heat.
3) Pour this stew once it is cooked with the beans with the fish stock, pour in the coconut milk and the white flesh fish. Simmer on medium heat for 10 min.
4) Put in the octopus, already boiled and cut into small pieces, also the squid rings, the shrimp clean without the clam shell and clean. Cook for 3 more minutes.
Adjust seasonning with salt, sprinkle chopped parsley and cilantro to taste, and serve.