The Peixada Paraibana
* 2.2 lb. [1 kg] white flesh fish, sliced in steaks or filets
* 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
* Extra virgin Olive oil
* 1 Onions, sliced in strips
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 2 red tomatoes, diced
* 1 garlic clove
* 1 cup sour cream
* cabbage, sliced
* 3 potatoes, already boiled and diced
1) Clean and wash the fish slices, season with lemon, salt, pepper and garlic.
2) Pour a little olive oil in a saucepan, and heat it up. Sprinkle some paprika and salt; add the fish to the saucepan. Add the cabbage, onion, bell peppers and tomatoes to the saucepan.
3) Meanwhile, separately in a pot bring 6 cups water to a boil (we will need some for the pirão). Pour the boiling water to the saucepan with the fish.
4) When the fish is ready add the sour cream and potatoes and mix. Lastly add the bboiled eggs.
5) Using 2 cups of the broth, make a fish pirão
; you should serve the Peixada with some Pirão, as tradition has it!