Fettuccine com Charque
* 1 lb. (450 g.) Fettuccine pasta
* 1 and 1/2 lb. (675 g.) dried meat
* 1 red bell pepper
* 1 yellow peppers
* 1 Green Bell Pepper
* (200 g.) green fava beans
* 3/4 cup (200 Ml.) Cream
* 1/2 cup (100 ml.) Milk
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 and 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
* 1 big onion, completely grated or processed
* 1 teaspoon Paprika
* 4 garlic cloves
* Fresh rosemary sprigs
1) If your dried meat is salty, make it soak in water for 6 hours to desalinate it, and discard the water the meat soaked in. Cook the dried meat in the pressure cooker with water, counting 45 minutes from the time the pressure has built inside. When cooked, shred the meat, reserve for later.
2) Saute the onion, the diced peppers, the beans and the garlic until the onions become translucent and the peppers tender. At this point add the meat and mix in the paprika. Reserve.
3) Now turning to preparing the sauce, melt some butter in a pan and add the onion (grated down completely) and garlic, then add the milk. Add the parmesan cheese in the sauce and stir until melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cream. Stir well until you get a consistent sauce...
4) Cook the fettuccine pasta in a pot with boiling water, following package instructions, or a little less time for “al dente”.
Putting this dish together, divide the pasta into six large dinner plates, place an equal portion of hot meat which you will top with some sauce, to finally sprinkle some grated Parmesan to taste. Put some rosemary branches to decorate