The Cornmeal farofa with linguiça (Farofa de farinha de milho com linguiça)
There probably is nothing more Brazilian than farofa! This farofa recipe here is special: enhanced with linguiças, bananas and cornmeal it is a great accompaniment for barbecues and meat in general.
What is it with this dish that Brazilians love so much, that seems so strange for foreigners? They have it for lunch, dinner, barbecue... the farofa combines with almost everything, does it not? Today here is a farofa with cornmeal; unlike corn flour, cornmeal is flaky not unlike the cassava flour used for the regular farofa.
If you are looking for something different to surprise your family and guests with something exotic, which is a very good way to begin a delicious Brazilian meal, let's not hesitate any longer: follow the simple step-by-step procedure and prepare this delicious dish!
Yield: 4-6 servings
Recipe for Farofa de farinha de milho com linguiça
* 5 tablespoons of butter
* 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 linguiças, sliced
* 2 cups cornmeal, precooked
* chopped chives to taste
* Red hot chilies, to decorate
1) Melt the butter in a skillet, then in it fry the banana rounds, until browned.
Remove the bananas and set aside.
2) Add a little more butter in the same pan, then in it slightly brown the onion.
3) Add the linguiça sausage slices, stirring.
4) Pour in the cornmeal, and fry for two or three minutes, stirring constantly.
5) Season with salt and put the banana rounds we fried at the beginning back in.
Sprinkle the chives, garnish with a hot chilli and serve.