Escondidinho de carne recipe
* 2.2 lb (1 kg.) Dried salt cured Meat or beef jerky (Brazilian style carne seca or carne-de-sol)
* 1 lb. (500 g) cassava, boiled
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
* 1 tomato, chopped
* Bahia style spicing (Tempero baiano)
* Parmesan or mozzarella cheese, grated
* Fresh cilantro (coriander), to taste
* Fresh parsley to taste
* olive oil
* dried oregano to taste
1) Cook the dried meat in the pressure cooker about 30 minutes. Once cooked, shred the meat with two forks.
2) in a skillet, heat a bit of oil over low heat, add the onion, garlic and chopped tomato. Saute for about 10 minutes, then add the dried meat we have already shredded.
3) Season with the Bahian seasoning, stir and add the parsley and cilantro, oregano last.
Now we will prepare the mashed cassava, cassava only after cooking with salt, mash until it becomes a puree, gradually add the oil to help make it an homogeneous puree.
4) We will now put our escondidinho together in a deeplasagna pan type of dish. First grease with a little olive oil to prevent the meat from sticking, then spread evenly the meat preparation, then top with the mashed cassava, to finish with some grated Parmesan cheese and put in the oven until the cheese melts and forms a nice golden crust on top.