Brazil Nut Cake (Bolo de Castanha do Pará)
A perfect cake for the holiday season, let’s try making a delicious brazilian cake for your friends and family... The cake "Bolo de Castanha do Pará" is a choice that pleases all palates and is a guaranteed success. Check out all the details hereby provided for this cake and be sure to be creative when preparing your cake. For those who love Brazil nuts and enjoy a good cake with mashed Brazil nuts, I recommend this super easy to make recipe.
Recipe for Brazil Nut Cake
* 2 cups white wheat flour (300g)
* 2 cups sugar (400g)
* 3 eggs
* 3/4 cup of oil
* 1 small pack of natural yoghurt (160g)
* 1/3 cup of orange juice (juice of 1 orange)
* 1 cup Brazil nuts
* 1 tablespoon chemical baking powder
* 1 cup (tea) icing sugar
* 2 spoons (soup) of lemon juice
* 2 spoons (soup) of orange juice
* 4 minced Brazil nuts, for decoration
1) Pulverize the nuts in grinder or processor, or chop them finely and set aside.
2) Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, the sugar and the oil, for 10 minutes.
3) After, add the sifted flour alternating with some yogurt and some orange juice.
Next, add yeast and the reserved nuts and mix well.
4) Grease the pan you will use, then sprinkle some flour; pour the dough in. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
5) Put the pan in the preheated oven, and bake for about 50 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6) Remove from oven when baked, and allow to cool before unmolding. Meanwhile we can prepare the topping.
7) For our topping, in a bowl mix all the ingredients to form an homogenous mixture.
8) Cover the cake with the cover and immediately sprinkle the chopped nuts to completion.
You can serve immediately.